FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 9:02 am
seenitall

Programs: All of them, UA-Plat, 1MM*G
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Wanted to follow up on this - been resolved for a while, but forgot to post the results in here.

So I decided to call MP to see what they would say - I figure the worst that they could say is 'no'. Agent said to send an email in with a description and relevant info., as well as a copy of the original TG tickets/itinerary, as well as the CI BPs that we flew on. Sent all that, as well as the original TG BPs for the segment we misconnected to. Was half expecting that there wouldn't be a response, or a outright denial. 3 days later, I got an email back saying they would work with their Star Alliance partner to receive authorization to credit, and to allow up to 4 weeks, and simply to check my account for the flight credit. To my surprise, about a week and a half later, I was in my account and noticed the flight had been added, dated 4 days after the email response.

So in summary, pays to check, I guess. I wasn't really expecting to be credited based on this all being with a partner, but seems they will credit like UA ORC if they have the information.
I'm pleasantly surprised by this. While ultimately it was up to TG to provide the extra credits, I am amazed that UA stepped up to the plate to help facilitate it happening.