FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Accor/ ALL: experiences with best price guarantee
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:40 am
Dav77

Programs: Accor Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond , Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Fyd
I think the challenge is that you (rightfully) expect to be treated as a person, considering all your business and history with Accor.
Unfortunately, the call center staff is trained and paid to look at this transaction, regardleas of history or person... Sad but true for most high-volume service centers...
for me basically nothing change to be treated as a person or a customer, even if of course I would like to be treated as person/quite valuable guest.

what I don’t like is to be teased and treated as one who was trying to “save 150 euro” (even if I was, but on a different perspective)

since on my opinion i’ve been teased* and i’m Not available to be teased (well or bad trained employee is not my problem, since Accor allow him to work and act on their name) from a company I pay with good money , I prefer to solve my problem quickly going elsewhere

*explanation about why I think i’ve been teased:

-booked directly a room with 2 queen bed (modifiable until 6.00 PM same day without any fee)

-booked on booking.com same kind of room / same conditions of sales, just preferring king bad

-provvided screenshot from Booking.com with same kind of room and same rate for 1 king or 2 queen

> rejected “because the room I’ve booked was different”

​​​​​​-written 2 emails directly to the Hotel

> no answers

-written 3rd one email directly to the Hotel (Fairmont)

> been told they could apply rate in the middle between “price guarantee” and reservation made by booking but changing conditions of sales (payment in advance/not refundable instead modifiable until 6.00 PM same day)

-same day, on Amex travel, same room/same bed/same conditions of sales (not refundable) was at more than 10% less than their proposal.

End of story > booked at St. Regis having rate at double than this Fairmont (that’s why I have written I was trying to save 150 euro on a different perspective)