FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Outrageous No-Show Fee Incurred At St. Regis Aspen
Old Mar 15, 2019, 8:10 am
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Seems like Lucky picked up your thread: https://onemileatatime.com/st-regis-...lation-policy/
Wow. He destroyed this St. Regis property:

So if you need to cancel your points booking, you’ll not only forfeit your points, but will be charged $5,000 ($1,000 per night). That. Is. Outrageous.

And I’m sorry, “due to our remote location” is a complete BS excuse. This isn’t St. Helena. Aspen has flights from most major US hubs, and lots of people plan ski trips only a couple of weeks out, so they could probably even sell a room again if it was canceled within a month or so.

But that’s not the point.

You might think “oh, but I’m sure they’d never enforce that.” Nope, it gets much worse than that. Much, much worse than that.

The St. Regis Aspen isn’t the only hotel in the world to charge cash in the event that you no-show for your points stay. However, their execution of this is one of the worst I’ve seen from any hotel:
  • When you book, the terms don’t actually state that you’ll be charged cash in the event that you no-show; rather this is hidden at the bottom of a personalized follow-up email you get from the hotel
  • To charge that even when someone has the intention to come but has their flight cancel, resulting in them arriving a night late, is beyond outrageous
And there's this tweet from Gary Leff: