FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Has Marriott always been this virulently anti-guest?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 4:11 am
MePlatPremier

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
PointWeasel and transportbiz are both wrong, even though it's inconvenient to their points. I've stayed over 2,000 nights in hotels, and was SPG gold or plat every year since the program's inception (and was Sheraton and Westin elite before that). Starwood was never great about consistency, either of the hotel product itself or delivery of the promised benefits. And when they fell short, they did NOTHING to correct the problem or the under-performing properties. For many, many years Marriott offered both a more consistent product, and a more consistently excellent guest experience.

I have never claimed my experience is the same as everyone else's, but I often mention it to counter the unfounded blanket statements that somehow SPG delivered nirvana in lodging while Marriott was the equivalent of the gulag.
You’re just swiming upstream. At this point the well established narrative on this forum is that SPG was an absolutely idyllic program where everything was just marvellous and everyone was happy. SPG associates were just like family and its properties were just agreable as home. Deviating from this narrative is anathema.