FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was I being unreasonable - echeck-in/room type change -- walk?
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:26 am
Thysk

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Originally Posted by DELee
Personally, I don't think you were being unreasonable. As a Diamond myself, I'm amazed at what rooms I've been given in the past few weeks - all at HH properties that are supposedly on the upper end of the Hilton brands but have had defects/issues and, when perusing the back of the door map, clearly the smallest in the hotel. For me, it just means that I either have to find a Hilton that I'm happy with or simply go back to Marriott (or even Hyatt) since I am guaranteed the room I book as an elite.

I suspect that you were amongst the first to have pushed back with the FDA - it appears that the FDA is used to doing whatever appeals to his whims up until you confronted him.

If this is the behavior and attitude you're given, push back. The awful service you received was both uncalled for by the FDA and unacceptable.

David
Sorry to read that you've been going through this as well. Have had my fair share of problems with HH the last couple of months as well.

@OP, you're not being unreasonable at all. A reservation for a King bed is a reservation for a King bed. The ........ about the "digital check-in" is just that, BS. Have done that plenty of times, and still got assigned another room ("Upgraded") when arriving at the front-desk. The FDA was rude and called you a liar., while actually he/she was the liar. That alone would suffice for a complaint to Hilton. Luckily, the MOD could sort it out for you .