FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Original Routing Credit (ORC) After Involuntary Re-Routing/Re-Booking (Merged)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 12:09 am
TomA

Programs: UA 1K MM - AF G – TK G – AZ Ex – Hilton D – Marriott G – IHG P
Should I Ask for Million Mile credit?

I'm nearly at 1MM and might have a shot at 2MM before I'm dead.

I recently had IRROPS on a flight and I was switched from UA Polaris (on a GPU) to ANA Business. (Nice change of pace, but I didn't find it to be better than Polaris.)

The interesting thing is they rebooked me in J and I received 3X PQM rather than the 1X that I would otherwise have received. Award miles posted as expected for a 016 ticket. However I received $0 PQD and 0 MM credit.

If forced to choose, I'd take the PQM I received as it increases my flexibility for they year. I can go for 125K miles, which I don't normally get or I could choose a different airline for a trip this year. The $0 PQD is not an issue, but I wouldn't mind having the MM credit.

So the question: If I ask for the MM credit, do I stand a chance at losing the PQM I received? I'm wondering how often UA reverses credits in situations such as this. Never? Rarely? Usually? I'm sure someone here probably has a better idea than I do.