FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Was I being unreasonable - echeck-in/room type change -- walk?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:27 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
To clarify I was referring to having made a reservation for a room with a King bed, and then being assigned a room with 2 doubles, not the specific room assignment changing with digital check-in. I wasn't even able to select a room when I checked in, let alone a specific type of room. Had I selected, e.g. "King room 456" and been changed to "King room 789" that would have been fine -- and has happened more times than I can count. This was no room selected but booked as King and trying to foist a double on me.
1- Understood

2- type of beds are not a guarantee and even if they were , maybe a few had to be pulled off line due to some problem with them and by the time you got there all the others were already spoken for, as long as they have any type of room for you its not a 'Walk'. Not long ago at a different chain I arrived after midnight only to be told Im being walked , seems a pipe burst on a floor so they had to remove 1/2 the floor from the inventory, by the time I got there all the usable rooms were spoken for