FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Annual Award Category Changes - Effective March 5, 2019.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 6:40 pm
theOtherHolmes

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Originally Posted by jrb CO
I had a future reservation jump from 240,000 to 340,000 on March 5. I decided to wait until today to call after I had points post to my account so I would actually have the original 240,000 available.

It was actually quite painless after I finally got to an actual person to have them credit me enough miles to book at the new 340,000 rate. Interestingly although the rate increased 100,000 points, they would only credit me 90,000 since I already had 250,000 in my account and the booking required 340,000. I mentioned that did not seem right, but did not figure it was worth arguing about.

So if any of you are considering calling to ask about rate change, you may want to do it before you actually have enough miles in your account to book at the original rate.
This does not sound right. I have a cat 4 reward on PA which has since jumped up to cat 5 and am waiting for my free night cert to post (in two months). I do have enough points but I want to use the certificate! If they pull points my account at all for this I will be properly pissed.