FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Special Meals - difference between premium and economy
Old Mar 14, 2019, 3:05 pm
Aston100

Special Meals - difference between premium and economy

Hello there.
I've only flown longhaul in economy class.
However, I'm likely to be doing one in club world and potentially one in first.
I wanted to find out if the quality of any of the special meals is better with these tickets or if they use the same special meals from economy but in better plates.
Specifically the Vegetarian and the halal meals.

I rang BA customer services and it was a really frustrating conversation. They just didn't seem to understand my question at all.
They also couldn't tell me what the special meals in business or first class consisted of and they couldn't link me to anything on the internet either.
They just kept repeating that I can book a special meal before the flight and it will be good.

See if the halal meal is going to be the same generic Indian curry that BA think all Muslims across the world want to eat, then I'll happily go for a vegetarian meal or a seafood meal or something, but firstly I need to know what it consists of and if it's the same as the rubbish in Economy but served on better plates.

Shocked how bad BA customer services are - language barrier seemed to be an issue.
Could anyone here kindly assist me with this query?

Thanks.