FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Plastiq for rent, tuition, utilities, etc.(2018 onwards)
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:22 pm
ginmqi

Originally Posted by Biggie Fries
Now that the 3x for Plastiq on Chase Ink Preferred is dead, I don't think that there are any other goldmines out there. At least none that anyone is sharing with me.

Different folks value MR and UR points differently. I tend to prefer UR points because I'm very much an adept of Hyatt, and I find that I can get two cents of real value per Hyatt point (equal to a UR point). With that in mind, when I can use Plastiq I have come to prefer Chase Freedom Unlimited (or the business version) at 1.5x to BBP at 2x. But it's a close call, to be sure.
Originally Posted by RedSun
Chase FU is a Visa card and its has its limitations.

The next best is one is BofA Business Travel MC if you can get the 1.75x. Then it is a 2.625% CF card. But not many people can get to the Platinum Honor ($100k asset) level.

Not sure if there is any 1.5 miles business CCs.
INdeed, so sad that CIP 3x is dead for Plastiq. Had I known it was about to die I could've spent way more using my CIP....oh well.

For now I only use plastiq to hit sign up bonuses. No other CC/pts programs, IMO, can reliability and easily get over the steep hump of Plastiq's 2.5% fees....unless something changes in the future or the CIP is revived.....(or a similar product that can reliabily and easily earn 3x....)