FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Acquires LoungeBuddy
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2019, 11:25 am
Gig103

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by bgriff
I hope the LoungeBuddy team got a decent payout out of the deal at least. I find their app useful even if I was never totally sure whether it could make enough money to survive. Though I wonder if Amex will see any reason to keep it functioning independently as it does, or if they'll just keep the information integrated into their own app on what lounges are Amex-accessible.
Originally Posted by Xlr
If they get rid of the LoungeBuddy app and put it all inside the Amex app, it would suck for travelers based in parts of the world where Amex is not common/available.
According to this article: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/a...nge-app-2019-3
  • "The terms of the deal haven’t been disclosed. However, LoungeBuddy was last valued at $US18 million ($25.4 million) in 2015 when it conducted a series A capital raising"
  • "American Express went on to say that LoungeBuddy would be a wholly owned subsidiary and would continue to be led by its founders."