FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tools to plan itineraries
View Single Post
Old Mar 14, 2019, 5:01 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by s0ssos
So ITAmatrix is a website/software that was bought by Google, and thus degraded.
There have been changes since Google bought it, but I wouldn't be so fast to insert the word "thus". There are things that one cannot now do which one used to be able to do, but ITA never did everything to begin with because it was - even from its inception - a project in how to manage the unmanageable. There have always been changes from time to time in what could be done using ITA, and in the comprehensiveness of the search results returned (any complex search always returned limited results), and when ITA was in the habit of accepting more variables at once and returning more results at once, the returns could often be illogically selected. (You could sometimes be shown odd and very complex routings, but not be shown something much more simple, straightforward, fast and cheap.) Restricting how much you can search for at any one time improves the logicality of the selected returns.

The options and filters that you have always been able to apply make it, to me, the most powerful GDS published pricing search engine that I've ever used. But even so, it's not perfect (and it never was), so use it as one tool out of many, and exercise some care in interpreting the results. There is no substitute for hard work.