FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Airbus A321T / 321T “32B” Transcon JFK <--> LAX / SFO Upgrade Success / Help
Old Mar 13, 2019, 10:30 pm
platbrownguy

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
You'll need to call to use miles...but please don't! $650 o/w for an upgrade from J to F on this flight is an abysmal value proposition.
Originally Posted by hyperspace
hehe ok sounds good, thanks for the advice!
To each his own... I know at least a handful of folks who would pay $650 to have the 1-1 seating layout for a 5 to 6 hour flight. I wouldn't pay that much personally but would pay the $175 if I had 15,000 miles handy. I got pretty spoiled on the F and was underwhelmed by J recently on SFO-JFK... if you're in a window, you have to climb over your neighbor or awkwardly ask them to step out; the opposite in the aisle. The service in F has almost always been great too. And if you have the chance to use the Flagship First Dining on both ends, that makes the $175+15,000 miles a reasonable value proposition in my book!

Another way to upgrade would be to use a "Business Extra" (BXP1) certificate if you know someone with one to spare.