FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Busan - where to stay?
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:05 pm
gpy

Originally Posted by glennaa11
I am in the process of planning a trip for the autumn (mid-OCtober). Arrive at ICN on 10/13 from IAD. My current plan is to overnight somewhere in Seoul (probably HIX Hongdae right by the Arex station) and then take a train down to Busan the next day.

From looking at the map of Busan it appears there are two main clusters. Sort of downtown-ish where the Lotte hotel is or out by Haeundae. I will be there are a tourist to sightsee for about 3.5 days and I typically get around by walking and public transit. Thoughts on where it makes sense for me to stay?
We stayed at the Park Hyatt Busan and it was really lovely. It was a treat going back to the hotel every night and enjoying a breezy walk along the water. The sightseeing bus stops right outside so we did took that all over the city one day and took super cheap cabs everywhere the rest of the time. After spendng time downtown and in Seoul I was so thankful we chose the PH. Also we spent an afternoon at the spa at the nearby shinsegae mall and it was awesome after so much sightseeing.