FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Centurion Lounge crowding (2015-2019)
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2019, 5:40 pm
diesteldorf

Originally Posted by joe_miami

You’d actually be better off under the new rules, as the agents might consider you to be on a layover. But you’re likely to see the current 3-hour sign at SFO, which doesn’t take layovers into account.

The SFO Centurion is great, but I wouldn’t want to hang out there for anything close to 8 hours. Definitely hop on BART.
Just wanted to provide an update. I am typing this from the lounge in Sfo. They had a sign out front stating that access was restricted to 3 hours before departure.

I arrived 4 hours early and the agent wouldn't budge, which is fine... Rules are rules. However, she asked if it was a connecting flight and I told her I had an earlier boarding pass from Vegas to SFO. She looked at it and verified and said they were treating people that were flying in and out on the same day as if they were on a layover or connecting flight.

I suppose I could have even gone to the lounge even earlier.
She did, however, mention that if I had been flying in, staying overnight, and flying out the next morning that I would not have been able to use the lounge until the next morning.