FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur, Autograph Collection - Malaysia [Master Thread]
Old Mar 13, 2019, 4:27 pm
hockeyinsider
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by estnet
Arrived last night - so far not impressed with front desk (altho I as upgraded to a nice jr suite they were adamant that I was entitled to a "one category" ug, after discussion they said maybe ug tomorrow b/c sold out today BUT app and website showed all level rooms available for booking?????
Called titanium line and got an agent who was clueless about benefits - I may ask to speak to gm to see if this is poor training of fd or a systemic issue.

First impressions -
Absolutely friendly and kind staff
Some really nice architectural features
Really fast wifi (plat benefit for ug service)
Lounge reminds me of a old time gentlemens club - really limited offerings and cocktail hour only 5-7! (will try it tomorrow)
Lots of benefits are not pro actively offered eg shuttle schedule not offered at check in, 20% food discount not offered and no sign (but when I asked they said yes - have to provide membership #)
New mrt station nearby so this should be very useful
Pool closed at 7 pm
You should definitely escalate this internally, first.

I might have booked one of the higher category suites to see how the property would have handled it. If the suite is, in fact, unavailable then you would be entitled to compensation.

And you're right about the old-school gentlemen's club vibe. See here: The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur