FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mea culpa: I just paid full F fare for JFK-SFO on Alaska
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:51 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Wow is everyone a bit grumpy today? This has been discussed ad nauseam here before. AS is not going to compete with a lie flat, period. What it will compete with is AA/DL/UA domestic first product, even though it doesn't have a pillow or a PDB.

And please....VX is gone, it wasn't sustainable, so lets not use it as the model.
I prefer the AS seats in F to UA F seats (non lie flat ones) hands down. UA has lie-flats on there PS runs and I agree the AS product can't compete there but then again you have to put up with UA FAs and service. Was going to move most by business over to AS this year with the new routes that opened up post merger being a game changer for me but UA threw GS status at me so I will hang at least one more year with UA. FWIW, UA's GS status has been very UNimpressive so far but can't status match as I already did that several years back with AS as a UA 1K and was pretty much told the status match is a one and done thing.