FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:30 pm
arshi007

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy occasionally Bonvoyed Mostly
Exclamation

Originally Posted by jc94
The current difference between Lowest PY and Lowest J on that date for that route is about $1800. Now either I'm seeing the difference between N and P, or E and P, E/Z etc... Given you are on N, the cost to upfare would likely be in excess of $1800. But AC call center can tell you for sure.

In terms of having issues, the AC website being unable to book even basic flights is unfortunately not a new issue. It could be due to the other leg, if you didn't book this as an 014 ticket with AC that would explain it. You said you rang to book, did you call AC or UA?
You can also try just using the bidding page directly rather than via ACs manage my booking which typically loses half it's normal functionality when booking online: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/AirCanada?lang=en
I was hoping to do a bid upgrade or eventually a LMU. The ticket is booked as 014 and I had called AC to book it. However I am UA *A Gold so I have my UA number associated with it (not sure if that would make a difference). I did try the direct bidding page and i still get the following screen.

Don't know why it allows me to bid upgrade on the last YVR-DEN leg but not the other two PE legs (which is where i really want to bid)

bid upgrade screenshot