FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Old Timer's Airline Quiz and Discussion.
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2019, 1:01 pm
Seat 2A
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
24. It's springtime in New Orleans and you've just wound up a project assignment as a consultant. Your good friends in Makaha on the island of Oahu in Hawaii have once again invited you out for a visit with them at their lovely beach house. So you're off to Honolulu. Surprisingly, there's a direct, same plane flight from MSY to HNL which only operates once a week on Tuesdays that perfectly fits your schedule. The service makes two stops en route and a first class seat is available. Identify the air carrier, both stops and the aircraft.

1968's landmark Transpacific Route Case ruling allowed four or five airlines to begin service to Hawaii (and in some cases, beyond Hawaii) for the first time. I believe one of those airlines would have been Braniff. Of course, pre-deregulation, when I think of airlines that served both Hawaii and New Orleans, not many come to mind. Braniff and Pan American stand out. From New Orleans, PA was headed for Latin America or Europe via the DL interchange. So that leaves Braniff. I'd imagine that in 1969 BN was using a 707-320 routing MSY-HOU-DAL-HNL

26. You're back in Memphis for a meeting and need to travel to Knoxville for a follow up dinner meeting. There's a daily afternoon flight from MEM that will get you into TYS just after 5:30 pm which makes one stop en route. Perfect! Name the airline, the stop and the equipment.

Hmm... United or American? American or United? Let's go with American routing through Nashville with a 727-100

Last edited by Seat 2A; Mar 14, 2019 at 10:59 am