FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Old Mar 13, 2019, 12:33 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by arshi007
Thanks for the info, I'm glad to know that N class is eligible for bid upgrade. When I booked the ticket, for whatever reason I could not complete the booking thru the website (it would give me an error at the last step of making the payment). I ended up calling them twice and the second time the CSR said there was some problem getting the seat confirmed so he had to put me on hold for about 30 min, and had to get some other department to release/confirm the seat after which the payment went thru. The actual itinerary is from a DEN-YVR leg in United with the YVR-DEL leg on the 787 PE in N class (DEN-YVR on 13th April and YVR-DEL on 14th morning at 1:15 am). The business class shows practically empty (i'm just looking at the seat map). However when I pull up my reservation on the website, i can select seats and such but bid upgrade is grayed out and shows not eligible
So if its not due to the N class fare, i wonder if its some IT issue since they had problems even booking the seat in the first place.
Originally Posted by arshi007
Is that $750 canadian or US ?
I certainly do want to see if i can upgrade. As i mentioned in the post above, for some reason i had to call to book so i'm wondering if that's causing the bid upgrade to show it as "ineligible".
The current difference between Lowest PY and Lowest J on that date for that route is about $1800. Now either I'm seeing the difference between N and P, or E and P, E/Z etc... Given you are on N, the cost to upfare would likely be in excess of $1800. But AC call center can tell you for sure.

In terms of having issues, the AC website being unable to book even basic flights is unfortunately not a new issue. It could be due to the other leg, if you didn't book this as an 014 ticket with AC that would explain it. You said you rang to book, did you call AC or UA?
You can also try just using the bidding page directly rather than via ACs manage my booking which typically loses half it's normal functionality when booking online: https://upgrade.plusgrade.com/offer/AirCanada?lang=en