FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The bonvoyed.com website
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2019, 9:18 am
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by laxmillenial
Wait, so I didn't get bonvoyed because I had to pay for parking in downtown San Francisco?!
I've never had to do that before in any of my Marriott or SPG hotel stays there before...they would always valet my car for free and tip themselves. hmph.
(#sarcasm)

It's already happening unfortunately. People (in general, not pointing at the OP) will use any excuse they can to say they were 'wronged'. But it's never their fault for not reading the program website or terms/conditions.
This is so true. While I do enjoy the creative use of the term "Bonvoyed," it has to be acknowledged that a significant percentage of the posts on the Bonvoyed website are people whining about not getting free stuff they are not entitled to under the published rules. Particularly the downgrades to Gold as part of the UA/Marriott partnership (which I fully support - why should a UA Gold get free Marriott Plat?).

Originally Posted by pinniped
Oddly enough, I have never been in a Marriott where they offered me a $10 voucher. I've had a few U.S. stays in the past 2-3 years where it was just points, no option for a voucher. My main point is that I have never been asked to give up other Platinum benefits as a condition for accepting the points or the welcome amenity. That happened to me for the first time on my first U.S. "Bonvoy" stay, this week.
I really find this perplexing if you've been staying at full service Marriotts - I've been offered the $10 F&B credit at countless Marriotts, most recently at JW Hong Kong last week. That's the rule if the property has a lounge - you're offered points or a $10 F&B credit.