FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Help me spend a few days in Sydney
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2019, 8:14 am
moa999

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by mattya9
Gonna hop on this bandwagon! My wife and I will be in Sydney for 4 days in May and will be staying at the Hilton in/near Circular Quay. We were planning to do the hop on/hop off bus tour to see the city and get around town. We were also looking to do a day trip to the Blue Mountains... As for the Blue Mountains is there anywhere in particular we should visit and whats the easiest way to get there?
Hilton is almost directly above Town Hall railway station and more central to the CBD - probably 1km to Circular Quay but still a good choice).

For a 4-day trip the hop-on hop-off bus is decent but I'd supplement it with a Ferry Ride to Manly.
Big Bus is the main company and has a city and beaches route. I'd probably be inclined to do the city route over 1-day.

For beaches go DYI, particularly if you like a walk. Train to Bondi Junction, bus to Bronte Beach - take the cliffwalk to Bondi Beach, maybe lunch at Icebergs or the Bondi Beach RSL. Bus to Watson's Bay check out the Gap, South Head, hotel then ferry back to Circular Quay.

Per above Blue Mountains is fairly easy by public transport and centred around Katoomba Station.

For restaurants/ bars an indication of likes and prices helps. Sydney has a lot of choices. In particular seafood and Asian foodo is outstanding but there is a huge amount of choice.