FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC - Bora Bora vs. Fiji vs. Bali
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:21 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
I've been to Bali and Fiji and am in fact heading back to Bali next month.

We like to book club and receive the benefits that offers.
Fiji
Club rooms are up on the hill so a bit of trek (or you can order a cart) Club lounge views are awesome and has its own pool. Fiji food is average at best and the hotel is pretty secluded so not really any other options here. Even the fine dining in the hotel is lack lustre and really exprensive. I think the club rooms are also starting to feel tired (although havent been for 2 years now so maybe they've had a spruce up). But still a favourite spot for me.

Bali
I know they are doing up the hotel and expect to be in an upgraded fully renovated room. I thought the club here was good on our last visit (maybe 3 years ago). Good pool options and good dining options. And of course you can dine out of the hotel. I dont swim in the ocean so I cant really comment on the beaches, to me its all about the pools and relaxation.

Havent been to Bora Bora but brother in law has and thought it was VERY expensive and overrated. But LOVED the location and overwater bungalows.

Another option to consider could be the new Hayman Island resort just off the coast of Australia, especially if you are considering a long haul to Bali.