FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation not honoured by Marriott
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2019, 4:20 pm
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by myperks

marriott should be able to award you the difference in points on the residual value of the old cert and the upgraded certificate residual (as they clearly can do the swaps) and call it a day. (Although they will be out at least 45k but since they have been awarding upwards of 125k in the points advance thread, 45k should be nothing)
If they don't even want to out 30k and call it a day, what's the chance of them offering more than that? Don't understand why converting my cert would be such an ordeal - the supervisor I talked to even lied to me that my cert was awarded on March 6, so I can't just get the cert and then attached. I told her that the cert was obtained pre-merger so I have everything needed for that reservation (not even point advance) but because of their stupid IT system I had to call to just to attach that cert.

All they need to do is to find a dude that knows how to override and attach it. If I was trying to scam them for points I would have taken the 30k offer right away and won't hang up until I see the points in my account. I told them that I would very much want the reservation to be honoured and a cert attached to it.

This is the latest communication:

Thanks again for contacting Marriott Bonvoy Customer Care. Please provide the following information:
  • First & Last Name on the Reservation
  • Hotel Name
  • Confirmation Number
  • Dates of Stay
  • Reason for the complaint
  • Time and Date of the Call
  • Telephone Number you Called From
Not all telephone calls are recorded, but I would be more than happy to attempt to locate the recording of the call. I look forward to hearing back from you.
Why do they need those information again? They know why I complained and my membership information - I'm sure they can see my 7 night reservations.