FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation not honoured by Marriott
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:53 pm
nacho
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Did you mean to say you called before March 5th, as that's when the category increased. If you did, tell them to deposit the different in category as has been done in the past (and currently) & attach the cert. Tell them that's all you'll accept. Get the Lurkers involved if you need to do so. Others have had it done correctly. You just need to find the agent/supervisor that knows how to do it.

Cheers.
I called on March 6 morning CET, so I have no idea if it's PST or EST that Marriott IT system was based in. The first agent said she couldn't do it because the IT system was updating but she was 100% confident that she could do it. She told me all they need to do is to override it. I asked her 3 times and she was 100% positive about it.

DP: I had the cert since August 2018 and booked the hotel before March 5

Then I called later on March 6, I got to an agent in Mexico City and when I told her what happened earlier in the day she said she couldn't do it. After a while she transferred me to her supervisor, the supervisor told me that she has no authority to override anything. Then she offered me 30k points (because it will cost me 60k to upgrade the cert and then attach to the reservation), told her to write that down bla bla bla

Lurkers are involved but 0 help. Don't exactly feel positive about Marriott after a BRG agent telling me "why you people have to call" and hung up on me before I even had a chance to thank him.