FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LMU (Last Minute Upgrades) fare discussion & questions
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:53 am
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by arshi007
Hi all,
I am flying AC from Vancouver to Delhi next month and purchased a ticket in PE with an N fare class. It seems like the N class is not eligible for bid upgrades as I don't seem to be getting an option to make a bid upgrade. I've seen that the business class is fairly empty so was thinking about trying for a LMU when the time comes but I wasn't sure if there is any fare class requirement for LMU ?
My understanding is that LMU is a fixed price regardless of your class of travel (Y or PY) but i wasn't sure if there is any fare class requirement?

Has anyone had success scoring a LMU from an N fare class on international flights?
Originally Posted by dr_torch
N class is certainly allowed for bid upgrades as I have an N segment from YVR to NRT and I can access the bid upgrade. This could be an IT issue with the bid upgrade system?
I've always been able to bid from both paid N and AE N fares. And I've been offered LMUs from both if there is space. And I've never (to my recollection) been offered a chance to bid by say email, I just put my booking code and name into the AC website and looked at the options.

How do you know J is empty? EF or the seat map? If you post flight details here someone can probably tell you exactly what space is showing.

LMUs tend to take fare into account. Upfaring from N should be cheaper than an Economy fare. Whether O vs E vs N or whatever alphabet soup is involved in the Y cabin makes a difference I'm not sure.

Definitely worth looking at an upfare cost. Especially if the flight is P9 and relatively soon.