FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:43 am
kiokujai

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by bsb10
I probably sound like a broken record on this thread but CT BF is the best restaurant in the city right now, period. They are at their peak and prime, having gone countless times over the past 2 years.
Per Se, despite some trip ups in the past years that kept me from going for awhile, is now in a very good place in my opinion. Had my birthday dinner there a month back and it was wonderful, but not at the level of wow! as CTBF. If the wife likes classic french though, I can't think of a better place. Probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite 3 star in the city (tied with Le Bernardin in my mind but I haven't been there in over a year so I'd have to see what it's like nowadays).
Ko is interesting, a whole different beast than the other restaurants in the category. I really liked the most of it, but failed to love any dish. Love the quirky ambiance and the experimentation though. I wouldn't consider it a special occasion dinner venue though, despite the high price and 2*.
Would skip Marea honestly unless you really need pasta and need to be in the midtown area. Two expensive dinners and left with nothing but disappointment and regret both times. Not apples-to-apples in terms of cuisine, but I would suggest places like the Bar Room at the Modern for a similar (or less) price tag and much MUCH better service/ambiance in the same area as Marea.
Have a wonderful time!
You're really swaying me towards CT BF! That said StR concierge heard that Chef Ramirez might be away when I plan to visit which would make me go to Ko by default. If that's not the case, I would say I'm in favour of CT BF 60/40 at this point.

I am thinking of doing lunch at Le Coucou the same day so that the wife can get her French fix. I hear great things.

Marea would be the one I am most likely to cut out of the meals I am planning - really I am only interested in their signature octopus and bone marrow pasta haha.