FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Michelin Restaurants" thread
Old Mar 12, 2019, 9:39 am
kiokujai

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by GadgetFreak

LeBernardin is just a wonderful experience and has been for decades. I am also a big fan of Jean-Georges as well, which had 3 stars for a number of years but has dropped to 2 stars. When in think of high end French food in NYC I think of LeBernardin. Been there a number of times over the years, although not recently, and was always just blown away by how good the food, service and ambience was. I would place Jean-George’s in close to that category.

I have not been to the new Joel Robuchon but really was impressed for our one visit to the old one. The new location has two stars. The old one was really kind of unique in combining fantastic food in a somewhat more casual setting.

If you aren’t tied to French you might try Tori Shin. It is a one star Japanese yakatori restaurant. Great little skewers of various chicken parts and some other things cooked over an open fire or hot stones. Chicken artery on a skewer anyone? But seriously it is great if you like non sushi Japanese. There are some Michelin starred sushi places as well.
I also had a great meal at Le Bernardin the last time I was in NY - enjoyed it much more than EMP.

I am a huge Yakitori fan after my last Japan trip but I'm not big into arteries and innards so a full tasting may not be for me. Japanese food is my love so I'm really tempted to do Sushi Amane or Noz but I'm going to Tokyo next month and will get a good sushi fix then and I want to make the NY trip more about the wife so I'll probably skip sushi this time around (unfortunately).

Thanks for your feedback!