FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 1 day in the Faroe islands - suggestions
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2019, 1:58 am
Flapster

Programs: Marriott, Virgin Atlantic, BA
Originally Posted by Hezu
Do I assume that one full day mean that you will be staying in Faroes for two nights? If so, where is your accomodation? How you plan to move around? With a (rental) car or by public transportation? What sort of things you are interested in?
Exactly, I have 2 nights there. I arrive late on Sunday, and leave early on Tuesday. Accommodation is in Torshavn, at 62°N.

My original idea was to hire a tour company to help me cram in as much as possible. Regrettably, the quotes I have back so far are approx £700-£1,200 for the day, which is out of budget for just me. So I guess my choices are:
a) book on a group tour, and limit what I see, or
b) hire a car and tour myself

I'm thinking to do b), but would like help with feasible itineraries, to give me an idea where to start. In terms of my preference, some of the scenery looks incredible, so would love to focus on that side - hikes, waterfalls, the lakes etc

Originally Posted by 747FC
A few years ago, we contracted with the following company for a very nice day tour:

62°N
incoming · Hoydalsvegur 17 · FO-100 Tórshavn · Faroe Islands

Telephone +298 340060 · Helpline (evening and weekends) +298 733502

[email protected]· [email protected] · www.62n.fo
Thanks for this - have contacted them, but as mentioned above, their quote for a private tour is way out of budget!