FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK-BOS cut?
Thread: JFK-BOS cut?
View Single Post
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:39 am
justinbrett

Programs: Qantas
JFK-BOS cut?

I've had JFK-BOS booked (first class) for a few months now, scheduled to fly Fri 05 July (I'm Australia based and will be over for a holiday).

I received an email today that my flight has been cancelled (AA1289), and rebooked JFK-DCA-BOS (AA4569-AA2149). It's now quite a long trip (1141-1604 vs 1230-1336). It would be quicker to drive.

I think I'm going to ask to be booked LGA-BOS instead, or perhaps cancel and just rent a car and drive. I don't really want to be flying via DC for such a short trip. I'm staying in Manhattan so LGA is actually closer but I wanted to fly out of JFK for a change to experience the flagship lounge, as I usually fly out of LGA.

It seems odd they would cancel this route (would have thought JFK connections to BOS would be popular) - could this just be a scheduling mishap and the flights will be re-added later? If that's the case am I better to just sit on my hands and see how it plays out? I also got two other emails within minutes of this one for two other flights changed, but they were only minor changes in times and/or flight number.