FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:01 pm
kthpence

Originally Posted by CZAMFlyer
I'll join the camp that says they most certainly won't ground their fleet unless TC mandates it. And TC won't unless the FAA does so first. Tin hat aficionados might explore the relationship between the FAA and the Boeing Corporation.

I don't necessarily disagree with AC's decision at this early stage to keep the plane flying; there is simply no sure reason to tether them to the ground. Hopefully the investigators make some early determinations.
Very interested to see how this pans out for AC and other airlines declining to ground this aircraft. If it comes out within the ensuing week or 2 that there was an issue with the plane (whatever that may be), won't AC and other airlines (and Boeing) look incredibly irresponsible ? How do you explain away allowing your customers & employees to fly on an unsafe aircraft when you knew (or had decent evidence) that the aircraft wasn't fit for service?

I for one hope AC grounds the plane, mostly bc I'll be flying on the MAX on April 4th.