FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated FRA connection time/logistics-Domestic & International
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:49 pm
StuMcIlwain

Originally Posted by smgord
It's a Sunday in July, first thing in the morning, around 8:30 AM is the time of the second flight. I've never been to FRA before and just feel like if the slightest thing goes wrong, we are in for it. I don't mind waiting for the next flight (in fact, I'd prefer to be booked on it), but what if it is full? Per below, wondering if I'd be better off booking nonstops in Basic Economy and paying for seats and luggage. It comes out a few hundred more, but I'm so conditioned of being afraid of Basic Economy that I'm not sure what else might be different, once I've paid for seats and bags. It seems like not much, but then why is the price difference to economy so much more?
Flights are more likely to be on time first thing in the morning since delays haven't had a chance to accumulate. Frankfurt is large, but the signage is excellent and you shouldn't have a problem finding your gate. And should you miss your flight, there are several others later in the day, and there must be dozens of possible rerouting options. Not everything will be full. I wouldn't worry about it.