FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Conrad Washington DC {US-DC}
View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:34 pm
silverthief2
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Back to UA, missing DL; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Do you have reason to believe that it, in fact, opened? I have regularly checked reservation availability, and the website has always said it is taking reservations for March 15. I do notice that that banner has been removed, though it was there as recently as last week.

There are no press releases, no online reviews of the property, and no other publicly-visible indications that it is open. The GM's LinkedIn profile says the property will open in the "first quarter of 2019". An Eater article on the Voltaggio restaurant in the hotel says it will open Mid-March.

Unless they are doing an extremely soft opening, I cannot find any indication that this property has in fact opened.
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Agreed - curious if that means they've sold out the first week of open, or if there's been a delay and I'll be hearing some bad news about the reservation I'm holding for next weekend!
Still walking by the property every day. Lobby and valet areas look ready, but a quick glance at the upper floors leads me to believe not all the rooms are. The only thing that has opened is the Tiffany store on the west side of the building.