FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - APD refund refused - how to get reimbursed
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:46 pm
GordonShe

Programs: bristish airways
Hello. Sorry for the confusion. Was wanting to avoid extra long winded post.

Yes, I flew two days later after getting an emergency new passport. So outbound was 17th Jan.

Travel agency (based in a call centre) said they would cancel the booking which would mean I WASN'T a no-show. Then when they cancelled my ticket, I BECAME a no show. In later communication with them, they said the airline had advised them to do this. The airline in turn said the agency had changed my status themselves. And Qatar in Edinburgh said I'd be considered a no-show simply by not boarding the aircraft, in spite of what their supervisor at time of (non) check-in had told me to my face. So an additional £600 odd quid to book a new outbound reactivate my inbound booking on original date of return. (Total flight cost was £1k)

So travel agent actually hindered me, rather than helped. Then while still on holiday, asked if they would get my apd back and was told yes, but with a significant fee. Felt it somewhat disingenuous to have caused an issue with my rebooking and then for them to profit out of it. Plus, I wanted to recoup as much as I could.

Hope that clarifies