FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:33 pm
logs90210

Angry N​​​​​​​ew Jersey Walmarts not accepting VGCs as Payment

Originally Posted by Ericfw
I know they may just use that as an excuse. That's why I want to confirm if somebody else in New Jersey has the same problem. The store I used in the past were very friendly and know what I was doing and they don't mind. I also tried to do it in other stores and they now give the same excuse: Money Gram no longer takes prepaid (gift) cards since recent system update. They didn't say the management doesn't't allow it.
For the past several weeks, I tried several Walmart stores in NJ - Edison, North Brunswick, West Windsor, East Brunswick, Princeton, Hamilton, Burlington and Freehold. None of them are accepting VGCs (from Simon mall) to swipe. It is completely to do with the management decision and nothing to do with the system. I did have some friendly employees at a couple of the Walmarts who let me do a few bill pays @ 1998.50 to get rid of my existing VGCs but they did say that they will NOT let anyone do BillPay or Money Order using these Visa Gift Cards going forward. They said they will only lets us swipe with a debit card that have a name printed on the card that matches an ID.

We need a thread that list which walmarts work and which don't.