FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Southwest uses the same new Boeing plane in Indonesia crash
Old Mar 11, 2019, 11:38 am
ursine1

Originally Posted by aaronp84
As I noted much earlier in this threat, SW is NOT the only airline in NA flying this aircraft, and not entirely sure why everyone feels the need to brigade the SW forum to .... on them every day. Air Canada, American, Westjet, and United are all flying 737 MAX jets, not sure I've seen any of you filling threads over there calling for their max jets to be grounded and for the airlines to do the right thing.

Not saying I disagree with them being grounded, but let's not stick our heads in the sand and act like this is purely on SW in North America.
It's well-known that Southwest has an all 737 fleet, and that Southwest has the largest MAX fleet in the United States, which obviously explains the extra attention and they're getting in this situation.

It would appear however that Southwest has no plans to ground their MAX aircraft voluntarily. Given the ongoing issues caused by the labor disagreementwith their mechanics union already causing an abnormally high number of planes to be grounded everyday, this should surprise no one.

​​​​​​
Southwest and American airlines, the biggest U.S. operators of the Boeing 737 Max 8, say they stand by the new plane despite two fatal crashes in less than five months.