FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Mar 11, 2019, 6:55 am
PB53x11

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by skybluesea

@ridefar
so when AirCanada does a last minute aircraft swap and you won’t likely notice until you actually board the aircraft if your seat has not been reassigned so no pre-notice, and the aircraft parked in a way not evident from the terminal, will you deboard, possibly with checked baggage that would delay everybody else ?
You do raise an interesting question about how people who really don't want to fly on a 737 MAX will react if there is a swap. But, although ridefar will have to speak for him/herself, I think you have poked at the relatively infrequent situation compared to what I suspect ridefar was getting at - the zero cost avoidance. I can take numerous flights YYZ-YVR. Whereas previously I might have taken the 11:00 MAX, maybe now I take the 10:00 flight, or the 12:00 flight - both of which are 321s. There may still be a cost to that decision - perhaps it will become easier to get an upgrade on the MAX versus the 321s if more than a few people adopt this approach.