FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Air Canada Selects Boeing 737 MAX to Renew Mainline Narrowbody Fleet
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:46 pm
24left
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
AC FT is awesome. So what's the score now? 1 for AC keeps the planes and no idea what the opposition count is.

But this is great and also comments on mainstream media and other points some of us have mentioned:

Originally Posted by FFMilesJunkie
Sadly, perception is reality these days. We are a relatively small group of aviation "nerds" who follow the industry closely and look at the reaction here. This crash happened on a Sunday in Africa so the average American never saw the news. Just wait until tomorrow when the Fox and Friends/Today Show/Good Morning America do what they do best: If it bleeds, it leads. Sunday morning probably 95+% of average Americans would think you were speaking a different language if you said 737 Max 8. By tomorrow morning everyone will be calling American, Southwest, etc and asking if their next flight is on a Max 8. This has to be FREAK OUT time at Boeing and the airlines who fly the Max 8. The media will ride this story and force the airlines/FAA to make some really hard decisions, and I fear unfortunately many of those decisions will be based on public opinion and not facts.

I will admit that I'm hesitant to fly on a Max 8 right now and I've been OK flying on a B-17 flying fortress held together with duct tape!
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30871341-post500.html