FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New route to LAX, starting spring 2019, three times a week with A350
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:54 pm
flyingeph12

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
10 seats taken 1-2 months out might not be that bad really? I know some, myself included, who are not overly eager about the AY 359 J....I know it is direct but regardless I prefer the 333 to JFK and AA 321T from there, immigration done en route so when in LAX you can just walk out. Long day but I prefer the 333, love AA 321T J, JFK Flagship is nice and the extra points don’t hurt either. Doing this again soon and selected it over the direct 359 service, which is great for many, I’m sure..I’m just not a fan of the (AY) 359 J and avoid it when easily arranged.
I also generally prefer the A333 J seat to the A359 J seat. But I do find that the higher humidity of the A359 cabin does (for me) make a significant difference in terms of how well I feel after a long flight. Therefore, in terms of overall comfort, I would probably call it a wash. And although it has declined in quality over the years, the QF F lounge is still the best lounge in the United States in my opinion (I recognize that only Plats and other OWE would have access).