FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying Money Orders at Walmart (2019 - 2022)
Old Mar 10, 2019, 6:40 pm
poisson

I had a very uneasy experience today. I had two $500 Simon Mall gift cards. To make things easier, I usually have my wife get one money order while I get another. We usually get them for $498.00 and just put the remaining balance on my Amazon account. I've found that doing amounts like $499.12 raises some red flags for certain cashiers.

Anyways... I get called up first and ask for a money order for $498.00. The cashier starts to ring it up no problem. Well, about halfway into my transaction, my wife gets called up by the other cashier and then asks for a money order. The cashier was apparently looking at me and listening in on our transaction, then asked my wife "is it for the same amount as him?" and points to me. My wife caught on and said "No, it's for $495". My wife told me all of this after the transaction.

After I got the money order, I walked out of the Money Center and waited for my wife. My wife came over about 1min later and we started talking about this event and what the cashier said. I glanced over at the Money Center and saw the suspicious cashier telling my cashier something, then she pointed at me and my wife.

We just walked out and left. I told her next time to just say that the amount is the same, but we are roommates and pay rent to the landlord.