FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Portland, OR
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:21 am
bigshooter

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Originally Posted by mikelat
Considering a family trip to Portland with my 3 year old kiddo later this month. Looking at Waterfront, Hi-Lo hotel, or the City Center. Any one better or worse for families? I"m guessing none have lounges open on Friday nights or weekends? Any best breakfast offerings for a Platinum? Also have some Suite Night Awards so if any have great upgrade options that would be a plus too. Will be driving in so won't need public transit. Would be nice to be able to walk to a kid friendly dinner. Thanks in advance!
I've stayed at Marriott City Center, CY City Center, Residence Inn Pearl District, Hi-Lo and the Nines.

I liked Hi-Lo. Good location, food stalls and restaurants very close, and just good overall hotel. Rooms are unique.
Marriott City Center was very tired and not worth it unless you have a cheap rate. Maybe they have remodeled the last year or two? Stay at the CY around the corner if you need to stay in the City Center. Better rooms, and there's a diner attached to the lobby that definitely has kid friendly items (although most restaurants fit this bill).
Never stayed at Waterfront, but some people seem to like it. If lounge is important others said it has the better of them.

All of these hotels will be $40-50/night to park. Maybe check out something further from downtown if you have a car? I typically stay by light rail, but that's because I like to drink my weight in craft beer and not deal with a car. Also even if you are driving parking is a pain since the city is exploding right now. Might want to consider train and bus as they are very good and cheap.

Might want to check out the Residence Inn Pearl District as well. Good location and possibly larger rooms if your family is more than 2-3.