FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DYKWIA | 2019 edition
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2019, 4:10 am
onobond
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by andrewr1985
A delightful American couple travelling from WAW to LHR a couple of days ago. Group boarding being done correctly, and everyone starting to line up in the right area. Up comes Mr and Mrs DYKIA who join the back of the Group 1 line just behind me (only about 10 people in it) so not a long line. She asks me "is this the Group 1 line" (valid question), I reply yes. I then get "are you in group 1", followed by "show me your boarding pass". Of course I decline to do this, verify that I am indeed in group 1.

He then pipes up with "he can't be flying First, I guess they must give status to anyone these days"

I then sulk back to my ET seat (row 5) having been firmly put back where I belong by Mr DYKWIA whilst they take up residence in 4A+C, suffice to say I heard every word of their comments to the cabin crew about how poor the service was, how they weren't able to board first, how small and uncomfortable the seats are, the food was terrible, the champagne was too cold and the bread was too hot.

Makes me wonder how people survive being so negative all the time!
A good illustration of: "The people who are the most difficult to please are often least worth pleasing" (unknown origin)