FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first greece trip ... Amanzoe and ??
View Single Post
Old Mar 9, 2019, 11:29 pm
chinmoylad
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by BESVISOR

As various Amans begin to require CC forms, I've booked more and more through an industry partner (specifically for TAs). Just need client's cc details and can charge based on that alone (but in accordance with Aman's deposit/payment/cancellation policies), instead of having to complete authorization forms and send I.d. card photos, etc... Then I reach out directly to Aman contacts to handle the rest of the client preferences, upgrades, etc... So clients won't have to be hassled with the forms, will receive the same promotion/experience.
Indeed - also, for repeat guests I've seen the card auth forms waived where no actual prepayment is required.

Card authorisation forms are seriously a pain - some places do require them from a regulatory standpoint though. But in that case (e.g. for example when a booking is processed online and such information isn't required), can't they just issue a third party payment link (Amanpulo does this). Maldives in particular tends to be rather annoying with this.