FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [JAL NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:34 pm
CPH-Flyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Mizunara
Quick question on the JAL card business check-in benefit. I’m not yet even a Crystal, but got approved for one of the Club-A cards recently. Does the business class check-in benefit apply even if departing from an overseas airport on a JAL-issued ticket on JAL metal? For example, if departing NRT-MNL, I’m sure that the benefit would be recognized at the counter, but what about on the return leg MNL-NRT? Would I be able to check in at the business class counter in Manila on an economy ticket, or would I have to stick with the regular economy line because I hold no oneWorld or JAL status?
You can use all business class check in for economy class flights at all JAL International check in counters. You should be able to show them your credit card, whether they will actually ask is another question. But if you come at a time where the counters are busy, I am sure they will.

You can't use the benefit of you are travelling on a tour package, if you are on a JL codeshare (JL marketed but not operated flight), for domestic flights (including ones that connect to international), or for flights that does not have a business class cabin. You can't bring fellow travellers, they would need to have their own card to be eligible.