FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Prince Sakura Tower Tokyo (Autograph Collection), Japan [Master Thread]
Old Mar 9, 2019, 7:01 pm
Busymann

Programs: Bonvoy Plat,Hilton Diamond,IHG Plat,WOH Glob,Radisson Gold,MGM Gold,Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I've made bookings after when you checked. Here's a picture of one that I booked in January.
When I made that post in December, which was after you checked but was also months ago, I showed that there was award inventory even during a period where another poster claimed the hotel was blocking all awards. The only days where there were no awards was when there were no standard rooms available for booking with cash; this was directly verifiable on the Marriott website at the time I made my post, and those rooms weren't even available booking through Prince so it wasn't an inventory issue. Again, when I made that post, you literally could go confirm on the Marriott site and the Prince site that any day with no awards had no standard rooms available.

It does look like their award inventory has been pulled. That is a separate matter than the matter I posted about. Unless you have a time machine to go evaluate the state of the inventory at the time I made my post months ago it's rather unfounded to just assert that my post was incorrect, especially given the supporting evidence provided within, and the fact that it discusses a completely different circumstance than the one you're encountering.

This is probably something to talk to @Marriott Bonvoy Lurker about, since having all the award inventory disappear for a hotel for the entire year could just as easily be a rate issue or an IT issue rather than a malicious action.
If you made a booking after the time I said bookings were available then that's irrelevant since, well, I knew that already.

Point being, they are either playing games with the availability or, well, I dunno, that's pretty specific to knock out points booking until Nov. You were very condescending to that poster and I've found that he was correct.

I will give credit that Prince Hotels emailed to rectify the situation. However, the average joe would just turn away and book elsewhere which I wonder if that was the point.

The difference for me was that I was pretty consistently checking and watched it go 'poof' before my eyes. I was checking multiple dates and then I watched multiple dates go away in an instant.

I saw later a travel blog post indicating other places where this happened pretty much instantly to confirm I wasn't jumping to conclusions. No need in the future to be umm, smarta++ed to legit frustrated travelers.

They might correct.