FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Renaissance Minneapolis Bloomington Hotel, Minnesota [Master Thread]
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:34 pm
mag_nate

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Airline Nobody
Spent one night here this last week.

Property/Room:
  • The lobby is gorgeous and modern - this feels like a seriously high end boutique hotel but it is in an otherwise cookie-cutter suburban environment. They've got an indoor fire pit and tons of couches/seating
  • Beds were brand new so more than satisfactory
  • The hallways outside the room feel a little incomplete; the ice machine is just sitting at the end of the hallway rather than being tucked out of the way. Also there was like techno music coming from the machine itself so that was weird
  • I'm hoping they put up a permanent sign because the vinyl tarp as a sign isn't quite cutting it!
  • Staff was lovely in a typical Minnesotan way
Dining:
  • Breakfast was included in my room rate and it was more than adequate. Open seating in the lobby restaurant included decent potatoes, bacon, sausage, eggs, and a spread of pastries
  • Lounge is not yet open and I was offered 750 points as compensation. If breakfast wasn't included in the rate I believe that it is offered to plat and higher at least until the lounge is opened
  • Bar was nice with local drafts - farm girl saison was quite delicious
  • We asked about food nearby and got plenty of recommendations - Red Cow was close and quite nice if you want a burger
Elite recognition:
  • At check in, I was thanked for being a platinum member and given the typical 1000 point/$10 F&B credit choice
  • No upgrade was offered even though they had junior suites available online; I didn't ask because I didn't care and I wasn't about to try and play the status card in front of my boss
Honestly this was probably one of the nicest mid-range hotel I've ever visited.