FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread
Old Mar 9, 2019, 2:54 pm
AANYC1981
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Yesterday (Friday afternoon) I text @Delta Twitter asking them to have the preorder email sent after I used a weather waiver for a flight late Sunday. Had to go back and forth with the agent about special meal vs preorder. After we get that straightened out the agent says I took care of it for you. So, I wait and wait for the email. It never arrives. I call the Diamond line this morning. After more back and forth come to find out the reason why. Rather than having the email sent, the Twitter agent just made a selection for me. It was not what I would have ordered (was chicken-which I despise), so I asked the diamond agent to cancel it since she couldn’t figure out how to find what the other offerings for the flight were.

Amazing how difficult it seems to be for Delta to get something right that AA has done for years.

And more proof Delta Twitter has gone waaaaay downhill.
And now AA offers people 4 options to preorder on regular domestic flights (two traditional options plus a fruit and cheese plate or a new charcuterie plate). The later two still come plated and with a side salad and choice of bread.