FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 3-class F seat now sold as Domestic F/Polaris Bus,GS or J/C/D 1K? may select pre-OLCI
Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:28 am
therossinator

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
I just had a great flight from ORD to NRT in an ex-Global First window seat. I was able to select the GF seat at check in (although I didn't actually check in until there was a GF window seat available, I was still able to select a GF seat once the online check in window opened for me). No funny business, aside from 2 PAX getting upgrades cleared about T-23 hrs and getting the remaining ex-GF seats. I'm not sure how you can get upgrades cleared so soon after checkin opens, but it didn't affect me. I didn't notice that the service was anything special up front, but the amount of storage was absolutely unreal. Now that I've checked it off of my "UAL Bucket List," I think I'll try to stick with the real Polaris seats from now on if I can help it.

Overall I think the better compromise would have been to allow GS to select in advance and only allow 1Ks to select at check in. Would have saved a little bit of face and shown that they value their 1Ks over the rest of the MileagePlus elites. I have no doubt that on a plane this large, the 1Ks would have been able to fill those seats quite handedly.

Last edited by therossinator; Mar 9, 2019 at 6:34 am