FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Employees fired for selling NRSA passes
Old Mar 8, 2019, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalker70

Perhaps UA is being too generous with their NSRA policy and should only extend the perk to immediate family members. While a bit rigid, I suspect it would make it a heck of a lot easier for UA to check against.

Also be curious to see how often sticky fingers happens between the GA and pax who are friends of the agent (i.e. non-elite pax bought revenue Y ticket and magically the computer says their CPU cleared!). That being said, I don't suspect these "upgrades" occur too frequently, especially given the high demand for upgrades (i.e. CPU lists which are multiple pages long). You know you are not getting that upgrade when a line forms for GS members!

-James

Originally Posted by mr8
Not sure if it's 'cheating' but I often see FAs giving premium class food and drinks to non-revs in Y or other goodies like amenity kits/blankets.
Not cheating, it's called not following officially stated policy. As someone who flies UA fairly often, that is one of the couple redeeming qualities of the airline: the ability for agents and crew to throw the book out the window to deal with the realities at hand be it IRROPs or serving a snack several hours earlier whilst seated in Y on one of those long haul TPAC segments.

Safe Travels,

James

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 8, 2019 at 5:02 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member