FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia with BA/AY combo
View Single Post
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:44 am
:D!

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by brentford77
Many of these flights occur during hours which correspond with normal sleeping hours: leaving HEL around midnight and leaving Asian destinations often late at night. The 9-10hr length means a full night of uninterrupted sleep.
Midnight in HEL is around the time I would be getting up in HKG, so going to sleep for 8 hours isn't really want I want to do in the Asia-bound direction. Though AY does have an earlier flight departing 1700 arriving 0800 that suits me better. However, if you wish to wake up at 4pm HKG time, fair enough.

So I left HKG last night just after midnight. Slept a solid 8 hours. Had a stop in Helsinki long enough for an invigorating shower and will arrive bright eyed and bushy tailed at LHR at 09.10...which I must say, I prefer to the 04.50 arrival that normally comes with the non stop option.
Now this I don't really understand, because you arrive into HEL at 0330 UK time, but you still have another 5 hours to go before you get home?? 0500 arrival in the UK means you can get home before morning rush hour... and if for some reason you want to wait until 0900 to leave LHR, you can have your shower after arriving instead?